The original course was designed by J. H. Taylor and was officially opened in 1930 by Henry Cotton and J. H. Taylor, both of whom were amongst the most prominent Professional Golfers of their time.
The land was given over to "The War Effort" and "Dig for Victory" in 1942. After many years of farming the land Woodlands Manor Golf Course was reopened in 1968. An additional nine holes were added a year later.
Woodlands Manor Golf Club, with its notorious Eiger hole, soon became well established as one of Kent's most scenic courses. It is one of the few clubs that can genuinely claim to be surrounded by 'traffic free' countryside!
1968 - THE COURSE RE-OPENS